As a life coach, I work with souls looking to live more fully from their hearts. People ask me all the time how they could be more mindful in their lives. They wish they could be more present in daily situations, but that presence quickly goes out the window then they are immersed in the challenges of “life.”
Mindfulness is the social buzzword these days. Everyone seems to be talking about how it is important to be more mindful in our lives. There are many studies that prove its effectiveness. The concept of Mindful living has even made the cover of major magazines! Intuitively, we know it can certainly make a difference in how we relate to ourselves and to others. We also recognize that it is easier to be mindful when we are in a Yoga class with other peaceful souls; there is soft music playing and we are steadfastly focused on holding a pose. But the real test of our Mindful Mettle, so to speak is: How do we bring that awareness into our lives; if we work in a negative office, or when the traffic is bad, people are cranky, the phone is ringing and the baby is crying?
The short answer is to pay attention to what is present in this moment.
Here are some ways to bring Mindfulness in everyday life. (Hint: read each one with full awareness)
What is Mindfulness? Just think of this simple formula:
1) Bring loving awareness to the present moment by stopping what you are doing and drawing in a very deep breath and being aware of how you are feeling.
2) Develop the capacity to pay attention to the moment with presence
3) Learn to listen to your inner voice and follow intuition (learn the difference between the inner voice (positive and loving) and the inner critic (negative and harsh) )
4) Take care of the future by being in the present
5) Developing insight into your own process and being compassionate
6) Be a vehicle or conduit where powerful and loving energy flows through you. (and being in touch with the present moment enough to feel this energy)
7) Be aware of your thoughts, feelings and emotions in any given moment without judgment.
8) Pause, Ponder then Proceed: take a moment and a breath before responding- especially helpful in an conversation.
9) Practice with being comfortable in the un-comfortable.
10) Live with Acceptance of this moment. (no matter what is occurring)
11) Learn to view the world from a place of gratitude; even being grateful for your challenges as they are contributing to your growth. (See the beauty in all of your life)
12) Bring conscious awareness to conversations with others (learn to listen intently, without being focused on what you’re going to say next)
It is our intention at Living Lotus Group; to provide you with the tools to help you on your journey. Please share the ways you bring Mindfulness into your life!
CLICK HERE to receive more Inspirations, Uplifting Stories and Special Offers:
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Treat Mom (or Yourself) to some of our most popular gifts!
Check out 3 Options HERE
Everybody and every body is handling this traumatic event in their own way. Some are overwhelmed, numbing out, extreme anxiety, over-giving, eating, watching the news for hours at a time; or many other ways of coping. I see people on the front lines; including the medical professionals, even the grocery store workers, and other essential staff- there are heroes among us and plenty of heartwarming and heartbreaking stories.
But, this I KNOW: That we are a strong people