By Catherine Epstein, Founder of the Living Lotus Group
I’ve been self-employed for the past 25 years, after leaving the corporate world. It was scary at first, but I’ve learned to trust myself.
I’ve never looked back and have had many lessons along the way.
These I impart to you.
1) Follow your passion.
You know what your heart wants~ It’s all about love and following what makes your heart sing.
2) Face your fears (running away doesn’t serve).
Learn to feel the fear, honor the fear, and fly past the fear!
3) Learn your A B C’s… Always Be Authentic.
Be yourself, and learn to love yourself. There is only one of YOU!
4) You can’t please everyone.
Nor should you even try. Do your best to honor another’s perspective, and bless them.
5) Nature cures everything.
Go outside and take a brisk walk, while being grateful for being able to do so.
6) Acceptance (letting go, not giving in).
Know the difference between the two. Sometimes the only thing to do is to surrender to the Universe. Know when to walk away.
7) Gratitude and Joy are the highest vibrations.
When you are Grateful and JOYous and you can appreciate everything that is in your life now, the Universe will send you more of the positive.
8) Make a difference in the world.
Share your unique voice and expression.
9) Follow your Intuition- Learn to trust yourself. (listen to your heart, merge it with the mind)
Learn to marry the head with the heart; they both can serve you well.
10) Stay Inspired by Inspiring others
Remember to give more of what you want in life. Want more love? Give LOVE.
11) Be a Spiritual Badass (honor your boundaries and speak up for yourself)
Balance your Yin with your Yang. It’s okay to get pissed off, but it’s what you do that counts.
12) Focus on your own well being
Learn how to be “SELF-ish” in a healthy way. Self-care is extremely important.
13) Sometimes being OFF balance can help you reach a higher order of Balance
Release what no longer serves, so the Universe can bring you abundance.
14) You can’t change how others act, only how you re-act.
Oh! If only we can remember that more of the time!
15) Learn to Master yourself and your habits, manage distractions
Working on this one with all my might!
16) Live your life ON purpose (stay focused)
17) Challenge yourself to do your best every day.
Ask how you can learn from mis-stakes and mis-steps.
18) Manage your energy (be consistent, courageous, committed)
Take time every day to be clear on what you need to accomplish each day.
19) Don’t ever give up!
Work through your discouragement and inner critic, but don’t let them win!
20) Have a great support system.
Surround yourself with positive people who will remind you of your gifts.
21) Learn from your mistakes.
Don’t beat yourself up, look for the gift and move on.
22) Ask for help when you need it.
Took me a long time to learn this. Asking for help is not a sign of weakness.
23) Be Generous.
Give your time, your attention, your shoulder, your smiles.
24) Take responsibility for yourself and your behavior.
You are the only one responsible for YOU! No more playing victim.
No matter what you choose to do with your life, make it count.
Like what you've read?
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Did you know that we also design custom Jewelry? Before she became interested in the energy properties of gems and Crystals, Catherine was in the fine jewelry industry and became a Graduate Gemologist. (certified by the Gemological Institute of America)
Combining her love of all things relating to the energy of gems; she designed this beautiful Aquamarine and Diamond ring for a client.
"ARE YOU RETIRED?" asked my new neighbor.
Not gonna lie, this one made me cringe just a bit. You see, I work at home a lot of the time- so from her perspective, it looks like I don't leave the house.
Bringing up my feelings of un-worthiness- and that I should always "appear" busy and productive- I had to temper my reaction from the snarky-"no, I just sit around and eat bon-bons all day"- to defensive- "I work at home, so I'm busy all day long"
One of the most powerful things you can do in your life is to learn to TRUST YOUR INTUITION.
Choosing to believe in yourself and learn to trust your inner yearnings, callings and the things that tug at your heart is your best course of action. It requires you to act from the place of power within. And, not adhering to others opinions of you